Tuesday, August 03, 2004

I am re-connected. At least sort of. My iBook is happily zooming along on the wireless network, but my iMac isn't seen by the network. I highly suspect the ethernet port got smacked with the same lightning that killed the router in the first place.

Anyway, it's far past my bedtime and if I keep writing I'll just rant about tech guys who don't actually know what they're doing and I don't want to do that. He was nice, even if he didn't have a clue. Eventually, if you smile and nod enough, they go away and you can sort the networking out for yourself. If you're lucky, this takes less than 2 hours.

But there are far more interesting things than my wireless network (dubbed "lemon") and the various computers that will or will not cooperate with it. Unfortunately (fortunately?), I'm too stinkin' sleepy to bother with them tonight.

G'night.

No comments: