Sunday, August 15, 2004

Random: a song in six stanzas

I finally updated my "current reading" list, but I only updated it with the ones I could remember off the top of my head, so maybe I'll remember to stick a few more in there at some point.

I'm also in the middle of doing paperwork toward buying a car. Since I don't think I've said this here, I'll say it now: I hate teh car-buying thing. Hate it. Really. A lot.

Ideally, I want to find a car that will last the next 20 years because I don't want to do this again. Ever, really, but I'll settle for 20 years or so. However, the ideal only exists in my warped mind, apparently, so I've decided to settle for a Honda Accord, which was the closest I could come in the real world.

Dad may start chemo this week, too. Earlier than they'd originally thought (which is a mixed blessing). And he'll be doing it here in Memphis, so I'll be able to see him during.

Also, my nephew explained to me that the sun goes night night when it's night night time; it gets dark because he turns out the light so he can sleep. He keeps his blanky tucked up under the clouds. The moon sings him songs and watches over him till it's time to get up. Then the moon gets to use the blanky and the sun sings to him.

I like the way his world works.

2 comments:

Mae said...

Before I got to the Honda Accord part, that was exactly the car I was going to suggest. My husband and I bought one a few months ago (a 99 w/ many miles on it!) for me to drive back and forth to school. Other than a flat tire, there's not been a moments' hesitation or hinderance from her. Good, long lasting purchase ~ at least 19 years, just keep the oil changed...
Prayers for your dad, the family, and doctors as he starts the chemo treatments.
Love the nephew's thoughts on life ~ too precious!

Mae said...

P.S. Forgot to say that I like the new look! :)