Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Our cable modem/router had an unfortunate encounter with lightning on Friday (must be all the heresy I've been sending through it...). On the upside, though, it's given me time to unpack.

Apparently God wanted to choose our new apartment for us, so he made last week as complicated and complex as possible so we wouldn't end up where we thought we would.

Last Monday, my roommate and I were supposed to move down the road to a new apartment complex. The short version of the story is that we, in fact, didn't. The longer version involves a lost set of keys, delays due to vacuuming and a burrowing rodent of questionable genus and/or species. The resolution involves the hand of God - and also a Kroger gift certificate.

Anyhow, it leaves me very domestic lately. I have to clean the old apartment before... well, before the apartment managers want to look at it. Which I think is Thursday. Which leaves me cleaning pretty much... tonight.

Last night I took my guitar over there and played for a while. The acoustics are better in the empty rooms.

1 comment:

Mae said...

Q, Do you know Josh & Joni Patrick and Micheal & Melissa Heims? I lived in Memphis/Cordova/Collierville until Feb. '03 and went to HIghland St. Church w/ them. Happy domesticating... make sure you clean the oven or they'll hit you with a fat $75 fine. And the grease catchers on the stove top will look close to new if you run them through the dish washer &/or soak them in hot bleach water. Good luck!