Friday, July 16, 2004

Home again.

I've been back from camp for 20 minutes.  Before I pass out, I want to record a few thoughts on the week.
 
It was a good week. 
 
There's only one reason I do camp:  the kids.  God is gracious to bring me through it every summer and to let me be a part of the shaping of the souls of these kids.  My last post sounded naive; this post will only reinforce that.  We were blessed to have an excellent group of kids.  Very few discipline problems, very few pranks.  No one wanted to go home early. 
 
The cliques disolved in large part and the kids meshed fairly well.  There wasn't the normal pettiness one often finds when a group of teens are confined to a single geographic region for 6 days.
 
Of 80 campers, many "repeat offenders," we had maybe one who would be voted "camper most likely to be thrown from the bluff."   Not bad numbers.
 
Five were immersed into Christ and I witnessed the first double baptism I think I've ever seen.  Rusty McMillion baptized 2 kids at once.  I called him on it:  double dunking.  ^_~
 
It was hot, but the rain held off till the last day. 
 
Somewhere in this jumble, there is a thought process at work.  I've got more to say later.
 
 
 

5 comments:

Serena Voss said...

Hi Q,

Glad you are back. I just got myself, but haven't been as diligent about blogging. Oh well, perhaps, tomorrow.

Mae said...

What a fantastic week! Isn't it wonderful to see how God works, esp when you are surrounded by teens/tweens/and inbetweens? Glad that you have had a spirit filled week and made back home safely.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are safe and sound at home. I am glad you had a good week.

Tab

SG said...

sounds funny to say I've missed youthis week...but I have! Frustating Thursday! Sorry about that. I think it would mean alot to Danille if you wrote her a letter and told her all you would have said, if you could have said it. It might make you both feel really great to have that out of camp connection. Well there's my to Abe Lincolns! Glad you are back. You'll have to read what Mike wrote about reentery...you may feel some of that this week.

SG said...

typing too fast CAN NOT SPELL HHHEEELLLPPP!