Monday, November 15, 2004

I'm slow to pick up on things most days.

There's been a lot of discussion about suffering and evil lately. I don't have anything like all the answers. But all I can think, at least as far as evil that can be linked to sin, is that if all sin is equal before God - sin is sin is sin - and man has free will, then for the sake of that choice God will allow the pedophile to commit his sin in the same way he will allow the liar, the thief and whatever I am when I am my worst to commit ours.

And it is that thought that makes me consider the awesome gift and responsibility of choice: an arena wherein God has taken a step back and asked, not forced, us to do his will.

His will will be accomplished, but he asks us to choose to play a part.

Should it really surprise me that a great God has such great faith?

1 comment:

Serena Voss said...

I don't have all the answers, either. In fact, I am not done asking all of the questions about evil and pain, etc. But for today --just for today, or perhaps just for a few seconds -- I will rest in the calm of not asking or answering.

Quiara, my prayer for you is that you will be nourished in your spirit and that you will continue to find light for the journey and the words to document your travels.