Thursday, September 23, 2004

Slightly less cryptic...

Lord willing, in January or possibly summer of 2005, I will be starting a BS in Psychology program -- at a local Catholic university, of all places. Should take me about 3 regular semesters and a summer term. After that, I'll officially enter the masters program in counseling therapy at HUGSR with the additional intent to obtain licensure as an LPC.

Beyond that, who knows? But this looks like the direction I'm going. Doors have started flying open in directions I wasn't even looking. And the way in which the timing falls? Amazing.

I can't explain how all of this has come about, really, except to say that it looks like it's got all the marks of the hand of God plastered on it. How else would I shift from old testament theology to counseling therapy? And yes, I've shifted. I can't do both; old testament will become a (very involved) hobby.

I know God can use either choice, either path, that one isn't necessarily more "right" than another.

I'm just wondering what the heck God intends to do with a therapist who holds a deep interest in all things ancient near eastern?

2 comments:

Mae said...

Good for you Q! I am in the MS of Counseling program at Freed (yes, I know, it's Freed, but keep reading...). You don't have to have a BS in psychology to get into a master's program (at least not in west TN!). The program at FHU is 48 hours and post graduate work of 12 hours and two years of supervised work (by an LPC, MMFT, PhD, etc) is required for the LPC. It works out to where you can get paid those last two years. Just a little tidbit of info that may or maynot be useful! Believe me, anncite OT most definitely has its place in the therapy realm!

Quiara said...

Oh,I know the psychology degree isn't required. There's a reason I'm pursuing it first, but it's complicated. It has more to do with what I'll do after the counseling program at Harding - or what I hope to do, anyway.