Sunday, September 11, 2005

Adam, where are you?

That's such a rhetorical question. God always knows where we are -- physically, mentally, spiritually, geographically. He knows the exact distance our hearts are from his. And he draws us continually nearer.

He knows where I've been.

Lately, I've been in a tiny not-town called Frog Jump (unincorporated). God has once again disrupted my daily norm, stripped away those things I'd come to think of as comforting, familiar and home. He's stripped away those things I found comfortable and placed me in the middle of a foreign land, pushed me toward another goal, making me take yet another step. And I praise him for it.

It's easy to write about my current struggles or upsets -- ultimately, they are of little matter. It's harder to write about those displaced by the winds, rain, floods and death. It's harder still to know that this is not a condition limited to Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi. Throughout our world, there are people trapped in poverty, paralyzed by hunger, suffering, mistreated, and -- above all -- lost.

And to all of us, God calls daily: Where are you?

Sometimes he calls with the voice of a brother in need: hungry, barefoot, abused and broken -- where are you? Blind, deaf and dying -- where are you? Haunted by past and present with only dread and fear for the future -- where are you?

Where are you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't build the site...
I don't build the site... There were a number of people who commented on my blog entry from August 25th that suggests that you should get rid of your tables.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a register domain names site. It pretty much covers register domain names related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

PatrickMead said...

Good post. A simple thought to direct the day. Every morning I hear the bar slide into place, like on a roller coaster, and say to God, "We're really doing this again today? Okay. Where are we going?"

Last week at Rochester we had the theme "Focus on Christ." In the admonition we asked people to check their vision several times a day with the question "where are you eyes?"

Please keep posting.

Anonymous said...

Bello questo post riguardo a Adam, where are you? , mi raccomando Blogger , cerca di tenere aggiornato questo blog che sembra uno dei pochi interessanti! Vorrei segnalarti il mio sito che parla di risultati scommesse . Solo le migliori informazioni inerenti a risultati scommesse !