Sunday, June 12, 2005

The Dark Side

I'm a liar listening to liars.

I believe a number of things that honestly ought never to have entered my head.

At any give time, I adhere wholeheartedly to the Liar's Creedo:
    At times, I believe:
  • I'm no good
  • And neither are you
  • Things will only get worse
  • And they were never really better
  • But I'm okay
  • In fact, I'm fine
  • I know what's best
  • Sometimes I'm the only one who does
  • And if I don't look out for me, no one will
  • This is the way things really are.


The Voice of Truth tells me a different story...




  • His strength is made perfect in my weakness
  • We are all his children
  • There is victory
  • The Lord reigns
  • All have sinned
  • But there is therefore now no condemnation
  • His ways are not our ways
  • The fool has said in [her]heart "there is no God"
  • Love your neighbor as yourself
  • This is the way things "really" are.

2 comments:

Matt Elliott said...

Oooh, that's really good.

I'm glad you're back. :-)

My best to THE JAMES.

Beverly Choate Dowdy said...

I want to be your neighbor